THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION MANUAL
To ensure that we are POPIA compliant, we focus on only processing any personal information provided to us in a reasonable manner that does not infringe on your right to privacy.
We will therefore adhere to the following principles:
- we will collect personal information only for the purposes of doing business with you and will use the information only for that purpose;
- we will take reasonable measures to keep your personal information secure;
- we will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary or in accordance with applicable laws;
- we will never sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances; and
- we ensure that when we share your personal information to any third party that they have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information
With the introduction of the POPIA act from the 1st of July, Gumtree wants to outline the processes for users to request information or ask for the removal of certain personal information from our platform.
To view the entire PAIA manual, download the PDF - "Gumtree PAIA Manual"
To access forms that need to be completed for the different requests, please download the attached PDFs :
• Objection to the processing of your personal information - "ObjectionZA"
• Request for Deletion or Correction of personal information - "DeletionZA"
Please take note:
• Additional fees may be applicable depending on the request. Fees for requests are outlined in the PDF attached "FeesZA"
• For any information request related to a different Gumtree user regarding fraud, harassment, or other incidents, please ask the Police to complete the "PoliceFormZA" attached and follow the steps outlined. Please make sure to report the incident to our Helpdesk for further assistance.