Gumtree has recently included a feature that allows for GAIT users to include videos on their ads.
Videos, together with images give the added benefit of accurately showing buyers the condition of the car that they are selling.
What will you need ?
1. You will need an active Google Account* that will allow you to open your YouTube account.
If you don’t have one yet, here is how you can create your Google Account
*What is a Google Account?
A Google Account gives you Google-wide access to most Google products, such as Google Ads, Gmail, and YouTube, using the same username and password.
2. You will need an active GAIT account
Please note that videos must be uploaded to a YouTube account first before adding them on your GAIT Account.
How to upload a video on YouTube ?
1. Take a video of the item you are selling
2. Navigate to YouTube
3. Click on the video icon in the top right-hand corner:
4. You can now drag and drop your video to upload:
5. Complete the Title(required field) and Description
6. Select who should see the video. We would suggest adding your video as “Unlisted”. This way only people who have the link will be able to view your video. Hit “Save” when done.
7. Once your video is uploaded, copy the link by clicking on “options” as seen below and then clicking on “Get shareable link”:
How to add the YouTube link to your GAIT Ad ?
- Once you log on to your GAIT account, select the vehicle Ad you wish to incorporate your YouTube video link to.
- Clicking on the vehicle will lead you to the « Vehicle » tab.
- Under « Vehicle Basics », there is a YouTube URL field where you will be able to insert your URL link.
- Press « Save & Exit »
- Your video has been successfully added !