In this tab, you’re able to get an easy overview of the items you’ve already listed. You can keep a close eye on all kinds of factors, according to what’s most important to you.
"Inventory Tab Overview"
This sub-tab takes you to a simple list of all of the vehicles that you have listed. You can use the shortcuts like ‘Bump Up’ and ‘Urgent’ to apply any promotional method for which you have available credits to the vehicles that you’ve selected.
"Vehicle List is a sub-tab you will find in your Inventory Tab"
Above your grey toolbar you’ll see a number of buttons, labelled with various types of promotions that Gumtree offers.
They’ll be greyed out, but when you click the checkbox next to one or more of the listings under the grey toolbar, they’ll go orange, ready to be applied to the selected listings.
"Your Vehicle List will display all the different features at your disposal for purchase"
- Remember, just because the button is orange doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be able to use this kind of promotion: you need credits.
*Please note that only Self-Service clients can see the "Buy Packages" tab located on the far right.
For more information regarding Self-Service, please refer to this article.
- Remember, you get one free ‘Bump Up’ per vehicle per day. Choose carefully when you’d like to push your vehicles back to the newest of the new spots, and apply this credit then.
In the grey toolbar, you’ll see headings like ‘Category’, ‘Stock ID’ and ‘Ext Color’. When you click on these, you’ll be able to sort by the specific attribute – useful when you want to find all of the cars of a specific colour, in a specific price range or with a specific mileage.
When you’re finished with sorting by a specific factor, you can just click another heading to sort by that attribute instead. You might do this to find a specific vehicle according to a client’s criteria or to isolate a group of vehicles that you’d like to promote using the orange buttons above the toolbar.
On the far left of the toolbar, you’ll see a series of icons. The word above them will tell you whether the vehicle is New, Pre-owned, or a Demo model.
The speech bubble is a shortcut to your comment on the vehicle listing. Click on this icon to display the comment and even to edit it.
"Add a comment to help you easily identify your vehicle"
If a red rectangle is displayed as another icon at the end of the row, you’ll be able to see if you look very closely that it says ‘sold’ – that vehicle is, yes, sold.
‘Results per page’ dropdown
Next to the words “Results per page” at the bottom of the page, you can use the dropdown arrow to change how many results you see at a time, to customise your view of the screen to what’s easiest for you, your task at hand, and your screen size.
You can use this sub-tab to see how long each of your vehicles has been listed on Gumtree and to find vehicles that have been listed for a specific period of time.
For example, you might want to find older stock that’s not moving so that you can promote it and give it a boost or find your newest vehicles to show them off in an email.
1. Report filter
You can use this area of the page to customise your search and get a quick overview of how long the majority of your inventory has been listed on Gumtree.
- Use the ‘Day Increments’ dropdown to narrow down your search and make use of the ‘New’, ‘Pre-Owned’ and ‘Demo’ tick boxes to include or exclude what’s relevant or irrelevant to what you’re searching for.
- When you’ve selected the criteria you need, click the orange ‘Apply Filter’ button to see your results.
- On the right, you’ll see a summary of how long you’ve had most of your inventory listed.
2. Grey toolbar
As you learned in the "Vehicle List" section further above, you can use this toolbar to sort your inventory in whatever way makes it easier for you to find the items you’re looking for.
3. ‘Results per page’ dropdown
As you learned in ‘Results per page’ dropdown section further above, you can use this dropdown to customise how many of your search results you see at a time.
4. Export to Excel
Clicking on this button will quickly generate and download an Excel file of your inventory. Its file extension will be “.xls.”.
5. Export to PDF
Clicking on this button will quickly generate and download a PDF file of your inventory. Its file extension will be “.pdf.”.
Here, you can sort your inventory by the photos that you’ve added to each listing.
"Filter your photos through Report Filters"
Using the Report filters in "Photos"
To narrow down your search, you can specify how many and what kind of photos should be in the listings you’re looking for.
You can add a minimum and maximum number of images that’ll be in the ads you’re looking for or leave these fields blank if they’re irrelevant.
You can check the boxes labelled ‘Hide Stock Photos’, ‘Hide Placeholders’ and ‘Hide Stock Static Images’ if any of these types of photos are not relevant to your search.
What are Placeholder Images?
They can be really useful for promotional purposes and save you quite a bit of time! Read further on Placeholder Images about these kinds of images.
If you want to see only certain types of vehicles in the listings displayed in your search results, click the checkboxes labelled ‘New’, ‘Pre-Owned’ and ‘Demo’ accordingly.
Click the orange ‘Apply Filter’ button when you’re finished entering the specifics of your search and you’ll see relevant search results displayed under the grey toolbar. On the right, you’ll see an overview of how many images each of your listings contain.
If you’ve imported lots of listings at once, you might have some vehicles without descriptions, as you won’t have had to fill in comments as a compulsory field, as is the case when saving an individual listing. This sub-tab will allow you to find all of those listings that don’t have descriptions, so that you can add the relevant descriptions that’ll allow your ad to do its job.
Read further on Comment Builder on how to insert a comment.
Using the Report filters in "Missing comments"
If you’d like to look for items in a specific category with missing comments, you can use the tick boxes to choose which categories you’d like to see, then click the orange ‘Apply Filter’ button.
On the right you’ll see an overview of how many listings in the category or categories selected don’t have comments.
This sub- tab allows you to get an overview of your inventory’s pricing: you can easily see the price ranges in which most of your vehicles sit, and navigate to the price range that you want to examine further.
Using the Report filters in "Pricing"
- If you’re looking to search, sort and view vehicles according to their original pricing, make sure that ‘Ask Price’ is selected on the left.
- If you’ve applied special prices to some items and would like to search by those instead, choose ‘Special Price’.
- As you change your preference between these two options, the information in the graph on the right and in the list under the grey toolbar will automatically update accordingly.
- On the right, you’ll see various price ranges, and next to them, red bars that give you a visual indication of what percentage of your total inventory lies in each price range.
- When you want to see a list of all of the vehicles available in a specific price range, click on that price range and the relevant inventory will show up in list format under the grey toolbar.