Here are a few tips you can try to ensure your stock keeps moving:
1. Don’t forget to bump-up. By bumping up your ads to the top of the page in the mornings, you are guaranteed to see a better result. Mondays are our busiest traffic days, so ensure that you don’t skip this step.
2. Try premium features. Premium ads can generate 3-10 more views than regular ads. Speak to your Gumtree sales executive about special discounts on premium features.
3. Include a lengthy description. The more thorough your description, the better. Include the make, model, added features (sunroof, ABS) for more hits. Use as much detail as possible, including the colour, engine size, and body style and other phrases that buyers might use to search for their ideal vehicle. Include added benefits you may offer, such as vehicle financing, to sweeten the deal. Avoid using multiple punctuation marks such as exclamation points (!!!) or terms such as “must see” or “wow”, because they may confuse the search engine. Using key words and not full sentences in the title such as “1996 Mercedes-Benz 230E sedan with RWC one previous owner” is also likely to result in a better click- through rate.
4. Include as many photos as possible. Your advert is the first test drive your customer will take. The more photos you include, the better your chances of turning a view into a reply. (See our photography guide on the previous page for tips).
5. Ensure that your contact details are correct and reply quickly. Modern customers expect a reply within an hour of sending a query. Make sure that there is a dedicated person within your dealership that can assist customers with queries.