Buyer - You've identified an item you are interested in. You contact the seller and ask questions about the item. You negotiate the price, now you need to meet. How do you decide on where to meet?
Seller - You've been contacted by an interested buyer. You agree on a price, now you need to meet up. How do you decide on where to meet up?
Here are a few tips on how to choose your meeting point with a buyer/seller:
1. Choose a location where you feel safe - do not feel pressured to meet at a location you are not comfortable with
2. Suggest a meeting place in an area that you are familiar with
3. Take someone with you that you trust to the meeting point with the buyer/seller
4. Unless you're selling an item that can't be moved easily, it's best to meet somewhere other than your own home
5. When meeting a buyer or seller, we recommend that you meet during the day in a busy, public location like a coffee shop or the police station, preferably with a friend or family member.
6. If a buyer/seller suggests a location to meet, first check to see if you would be comfortable meeting there
For more safety tips, please see 10 Online Safety Tips for Buying and Selling.
If you want to report suspicious behaviour, please reach out to our helpdesk.